23 September 2014

Photos: 2 year old Boy has CHOPSTICK removed from brain after shoving it up his nose

A two year-old boy had to have a chopstick removed from deep within his brain after he accidentally shoved it up his nose. The chopstick penetrated three inches into his brain and doctors who spent four hours carefully taking it out of the little boy’s skull said if it had gone any further, it would have caused brain injury.
Thankfully, the chopstick did not damage any major nerves and arteries and Huang expected to make a full recovery.

30yrs old Man raped a fashion designer & uploaded her nude photos on the internet

A 30-year old man,  Olaniyan Oluwakayode, who hails from Osun state, has been arrested for raping a 20-year old girl in Lagos, and uploading her pictures on the internet.

The victim (name withheld) from Akwa Ibom State, alleged that after being raped, Oluwakayode snapped her pictures despite pleas from his sister to desist from such barbaric act, saying Oluwakayode was never her boyfriend as he claimed.

“He stops me anytime I am going to work. He approached me and I told him I was not ready to give him a reply. I did not go to his house. On my way back from work on Tuesday last week, I saw someone running out of his house, because there is a bush around their compound so he jumped from the fence down and held my hand and said he wanted to do what was on his mind.

19 September 2014

Photos: Governor Fashola hosts some Ebola survivors

Lagos state Governor,Babatunde Fashola, yesterday September 18,2014, hosted some Ebola survivors at his office at the state Secretariat in Alausa, Ikeja.
 Speaking with the survivors, the governor commended them for coming forward to share their experiences, saying that they are proof that the disease is not a death sentence.

The survivors in attendance included the widow of late Port Harcourt doctor, Dr Emenuo Kelechi, Dr Ibeawuchi Morris,Dr Fadipe Akinniyi, Mr. Dennis Akagha (late Nurse Justina Ejelonu’s fiance) and Dr Adaora Igonoh.

 While sharing their experiences, one of the survivors and staff of First Consultant Hospital, Dr. Ibeabuchi Morris, said he was the first to receive late Sawyer at the hospital where he was first treated for Malaria.

He said after the patient continued to have high temperature, he took the blood sample and sent it to the laboratory, then contacted Dr. Stella Adadevoh who advised him to continue attending to the patient pending the arrival of the test result. He said when the blood result arrived it was confirmed that he was EVD positive. Sawyer died a few days later.
Dr. Ibeabuchi disclosed that he started manifesting symptoms of the disease 12 days later as his body temperature continued to rise beyond 38.5 degrees Celsius. He said when his condition continued to degenerate, he reported to the Lagos State Ministry of Health and was advised to restrict his contact with members of his family.


17 September 2014

Mo Abudu & Freida Pinto in Oscar de la Renta

The dress is from Oscar De La Renta‘s Fall 2014 Ready To Wear collection. It is embroidered with gold, and has a higher hem in the front.
Mo Abudu wore hers to celebrate her 50th birthday this past weekend While  Frieda Pinto wore hers in May atThe Homesman premiere during the 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival in Cannes, France. 

Even though i think Freida is simply stunning in hers, Mo is simply fabulousa at 50! between Mo Abudu and Frieda Pinto, who do you think wore the Oscar de la renta gown better?
Another photo below

Breaking news: Bomb blast in Kano

Report reaching us confirmed several persons feared dead in a bomb and gun attack at Federal College of Education, along Kabuga road area, Kano.


Kano State police commissioner Adelere Shinaba told AFP the "insurgents", ran onto the grounds of the Federal College of Education after exchanging fire with police outside.
"They were obviously suicide bombers. One of our officers shot at one of the gunmen and the explosives on him went off, killing him on the spot,"
"Another gunman was also killed. 17 people were killed by the gunmen and 34 others have been taken to hospital with injuries." 


FG defends $9.3m cash seized in SA, releases data on transaction

Nigerian Government has defended the controversial $9.3million seized from a private jet by South African immigration on September 5th. In a diplomatic discussion it opened with the South African government yesterday September 16th, FG said they are aware of the deal (money was meant to procure arms) and have presented documents on the transaction process to the South African govt as proof that the entire operation involving the seized aircraft belonging to CAN president, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, was genuine. 


A source who spoke with Vanguard confirmed the on-going discussion between the two governments and said the seized aircraft has been released by the South African government. The source added that the money was seized following failure by Nigerian delegates to declare the money at South African airport

South African govt say 67 of its citizens died in Synagogue collapsed building

South African president, Jacob Zuma announced today that 67 of its citizens died in the Synagogue building collapse. The guest house is under the management of TB Joshua and the Synagogue Church and had collapsed on September 12th while construction was going on to raise it from 3 stories to 5 without approval from the state or local government.

The South Africans who were lodged there were in Nigeria to seek spiritual help from TB Joshua, and while some have been pulled alive from the rubble, it is clear now that more lives than we thought were lost.

Below is the full statement by South African president, Jacob Zuma after the cut.

16 September 2014

Synagogue building collapse: 45yr old woman walks out of rubble alive + Death Toll Rises to 59

A 45-year-old-woman today Tuesday September 16th allegedly walked out alive from the rubbles of the collapsed building at the Synagogue Church of All Nations in Ikotun, Lagos.

Ibrahim Farinloye, the PRO of the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, South-West Zone, told journalists in Lagos that the woman walked out on her own at 2a.m very early today but the woman was not identified.
"A woman of about 45 years old walked out of the rubble on her own around 2a.m today. She was able to walk away from the collapse with just a broken wrist. 10 more bodies were recovered, leaving 59 dead and 131 rescued alive,“ Farinloye said.
So far 59 bodies have been recovered and Farinloye expect rescue workers to recover more bodies.

The 12 soldiers who attacked their Commander in Maiduguri have been sentenced to death

13 out of the 18 soldiers standing trial for participating in the mutiny (revolt action) against their General Officer Commanding, Maj. Gen. Ahmed Mohammed at the newly created 7 Division of the Nigerian Army in Maiduguri on May 12th have been sentenced to death by a military court that sat in Abuja yesterday night September 15th.

Five others were discharged and acquitted while one was jailed for 28 days with hard labor. 
The soldiers had on May 14th revolted against poor remuneration and lack of sophisticated weapons to fight Boko Haram. On that particular day, the soldiers lost their cool after seeing the corpse of some of their colleagues killed by Boko Haram men. They immediately opened fire on their GOC, who luckily escaped unhurt.

Graphic pics: Generator fumes kill man, wife and 3 children in Ikorodu


Generator fumes has killed a man, his wife and all his 3 children in Ipoyewa community of Ikorodu, Lagos. The bodies of the family was discovered by neighbours last Friday September 12th in their home. All five suffocated to death after inhaling fumes from a generator which they'd kept in their room. According to neighbours, the man bought the generator just two days before the unfortunate incident and was afraid it will be stolen if left outside so he kept it inside his 2-room apartment.
  
When the family failed to come out late Friday morning, a neighbour peeped through their window, saw bodies, and alerted others. They broke down the door to discover the horror. And when I say horror, I mean horror. The photos are really graphic so please be warned.

Residents of the community are blaming the family's deaths on lack of power in the area. They claim the last time they had light was 3 years ago, that every house in the area uses a generator. They said they have called on the government many times to help them with light but their efforts have yielded no fruit. See the pics after the cut.. warning - graphic photos.